The YMCA is a Christian charity seeking to serve the community through its extensive supported accommodation and resettlement work, recreational, educational, faith, schools and outreach work and personal development training.
YMCA Bedfordshire has been working with young people since 1991.
Our services and reach have grown to the current level where we now offer 88 Supported Housing units part-funded through Bedford Borough Council's Supporting People Programme at three central Bedford locations. We also have 240 places available for the Prince's Trust Team Programme through premises in Bedford, Hemel Hempstead, Houghton Regis, Luton and Stevenage.
Prince's Trust Team Programme
YMCA Bedfordshire is a Delivery Partner for the Prince’s Trust Team programme. We have a wide mixture of people on Team including those who have left school with no qualifications, graduates, ex-offenders and people who have been through the care system – this mix is what makes the programme unique.
Through their achievements on Team, participants develop their skills, confidence and motivation and gain a nationally recognised Prince’s Trust Level 1 or 2 Certificate in Employment Teamwork and Community Skills.
The programme has an informal but structured approach to progression. During the 12 weeks, the Team members will experience:
• A fun induction week to break the ice
• A residential opportunity including rock climbing, canoeing, raft building and orienteering
• Next steps week to plan for the future
• Community challenges including 3 days with the fire service
• A final presentation to celebrate their achievements
The programme is free and will not affect your benefits. It has an excellent success rate, with over 75% of those completing the course moving into employment, education or training within 3 months.
ReviewsLeave a review
Is this your business?
- Add rich content via our editing tools
- Remove ads from your listing
- Appear more prominently in search results